Monday, January 30, 2017

Why I Give Sample Answers

Sample answers are the best possible ways to study for english essays, compiled with actually writing the answers based on these essays yourself. 

When I was practicing for the SAT, I had to work on my essays. Sure, the techniques definitely helped me, but what pushed me above average was the fact that I could compare my essays to the full-scoring essays. It allowed me to critically analyze the problems with my essay and fix them, know exactly what my answer should look like, and bridge the gap between my essay and the model answers.

Without tutors, without external graders, without anything else, except for a good strategy and the sample answers, I obtained a 24/24 on the essay. And I'm no natural writer. 

My sample answers aren't a guide on their own - you need to use them to develop a strategy that you will consistently use for all the descriptive essays, after trial and error of what you feel will work. Then, use them to compare your essays to mine - have they reached this benchmark?

No comments:

Post a Comment